Monday, January 14, 2013

Finding home for abandoned shopping carts - 14th Day

Finding home for abandoned shopping carts:
Today when I was walking home after work, I was passing through a parking lot of our Superstore. I noticed a young employee, struggling in our winter collecting abandoned shopping carts and taken them inside. I thought why not help him a bit and make his work a little easier. I went on the other side of the parking lot where he had not gone yet and collected about 8 to 10 carts from all over the place and got them in. It took me some time, I had to get 2 to 3 carts at a time, as there was snow in some areas and it was difficult to push the carts easily, but finally got atleast one area cleaned up for him.
Abandoned shopping carts is a problem for almost every grocery store, why not all of us just take our own cart and leave it in the place where you have to park the carts or back inside the store. If we all do our job, it will reduce the cost of losing carts, damaging carts and reduces employee hiring for this job, and in turn it will help our grocery store to save money and get us better deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment