Monday, January 7, 2013

Organ donation - Day 7

Organ Donation:
Gift of Life - beadonor.ca



I have been thinking of doing this for a very long time. Donating my organs/tissues after my death. Now this can sound a little dramatic, but if someone could benefit from my body parts that would not be of any use for me in the coffin, I do not see a reason to save them . So, today I finally registered myself with Ontario's organ donation and fulfilled my one wish that I wanted to do for so long. This could be a way for me to be alive in this world even after I am dead :) ( I would not be leaving your back so easily ;) I was always scared of losing my eyes and thought if I ever do and if no one donated me their eyes, I would then have to live in a dark world for the rest of my life.

As I would wish for myself and for my loved ones to live their life fullest, I am sure everyone wants to do the same, so if I can be of any help,  then why not. This step took a lot of courage and lot of thinking for years together, I finally did it today. I am glad I took this step.

Note: For more info on this, if you guys are interested, below is the link: http://www.ontario.ca/health-and-wellness/organ-and-tissue-donor-registration

No comments:

Post a Comment